Collaboration With Jackdaw Bindery

Sunday, 16 August 2015


Some use theirs to jot down idea's for that book or a film script, others for doodles of dogs (ahem) or as a place for daily ramblings. Some say using one stretches your IQ, boosts your memory and even improves your self confidence. In my opinion, everyone should try keeping one at some point in their life, I am of course talking about, The Journal.

I had a very special gift to get recently, I had done an Illustration of that persons favourite bird, dreamt up the idea of printing it onto some leather and getting a bespoke journal made. The problem is I dream up these idea's all the time, like when I go shopping, I dream up a dress, go searching for it, but I never find it. However, in this case, my dream could become a reality when I found Jackdaw Bindery.

As soon as I found Jackdaw Bindery on Etsy I knew I was in the right place. Shop owner and bookbinder (very talented lady!) Louise Knight, was enthusiastic about my idea from the start, and after trialing of inks, sampling of leathers and holding my breath with each pull through the screen, this beauty arrived!


I couldn't ask for a better shopping experience with Louise, she guided me through every stage of the process and her passion for book binding is infectious! She took my idea and not only made it a reality, she took it to a whole new level! I was totally blown away and as for the person who received it, well, let's just say, it was emotional.

Of course, now that I know what Louise can do, I have visions of more journals! Sausage dog journals! Pug journals! Owl journals! The possibilities are endless! So, watch this space!

Bespoke Journal by Louise of Jackdaw Bindery: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JackdawBindery
Illustrations and screen printing by Charley of *Artist Not Included
Photography courtesy Jackdaw Bindery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |